Solar systems are measured by how many Watts (W) and/or Kilowatts (kW) of electricity they produce. The larger the
system, the more energy it will produce.
To get multiple estimates, simply check the system sizes you are interested in and these will be generated at the same time.
How are the estimated savings calculated?
This calculator uses the following generic assumptions, which may not be applicable to your
circumstances. The above estimated savings assume:
- A single, net metered solar power system, north facing on 30 degree incline with no shading loss;
- the estimated generation of the solar power system is in line with ORER published data and the REC
Zone of your post code;
- system production degrades at 0.5% per year;
- 42% of your total electricity consumption will be of energy generated by the solar power system (not
exceeding the usage amount you estimated);
- your quarterly bill period is 91.25 days; and
- a residential AGL energy plan with the following Feed in Tariff: $0.08 (Vic), $0.08 (NSW), $0.08 (SA),
$0.08 (Qld), $0.08 (TAS). Actual savings may vary and any premium applied by AGL in addition to a government's
feed-in tariff may be subject to change.
Terms and conditions
* By using this calculator you acknowledge that all savings calculations are estimates only and based on the
generic assumptions set out above and that your ability to achieve these savings is dependent on factors
outside of AGL’s control such as the weather, your annual energy usage patterns and the availability of
government incentive schemes.. You should seek advice regarding your own circumstances before deciding
which solar power system is suitable for you.
^ Prices indicated are estimated non-finance prices only. Additional charges may apply depending on final quote. Please contact us for pricing with payment plans - finance is available at additional cost.